What is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that may lessen the area stress of liquid and generate a considerable volume of uniform and secure foam, which is employed to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is really a substance that may make its aqueous solution create a massive amount of foam when mechanical force is introduced straight into the air. This type of material is really a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of the Cement foaming agent is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it cannot turn into a foaming agent. Surface activity will be the core of foaming.
The function of cement foaming agent
The main function of a cement foaming agent is always to promote the foaming of cement paste to form lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, causing the cement slurry to have a huge number of pores during the construction process, thereby decreasing the density of concrete and rendering it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, as well as other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents can also improve the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. Additionally, cement foaming agents can also improve the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it simpler to construct and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It provides compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the wants. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this challenge. , a substitute for traditional insulation materials
- It is actually lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively cuts down on the load in the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, whilst the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Improve the stability and life in the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer features a high amount of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively ensuring that the indoor floor is flat and not cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times that of the benzene board. It consists of perlite particles. A lot more than 5 times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, which is 20-30 times that of ordinary cement.
- It provides good compressive strength: when the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: There will be no condensation round the warm water pipes during heating, and there will be no splitting involving the layers.
- Good bonding: The material used in foamed cement is cement, that has an exceptional bond using the upper and lower layers and will not cause hollowing or collapse in the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and can be combined entirely using the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to create a whole.
- It provides an anti-permeability effect: Because of the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is more than six times stronger compared to ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is an inorganic material (cement) that does not burn and therefore has good fire resistance. When applied to buildings, it can improve the fireproof performance in the building.
Do you know the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and is generated via a selection of complicated chain reactions. The product is really a pure and clear oily liquid having a light yellow color. It is really not responsive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is close to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and does not contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, difficult to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to help make foamed cement has got the highlights of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it will be commonly employed in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices could be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin because the primary raw material and is made through several hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is actually produced using imported advanced equipment and the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented during the production process. The product is really a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, sound quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and excellent foam stability; it is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Because of the high surface strength in the foam created by this foaming agent, the foam is very stable. The bubbles in the foamed cement created using it will be in a closed state independent of every other, and there is absolutely no connection between the bubbles. The permeability resistance in the foamed cement products is very high. On the same density, compared with foamed cement created using plant-based foaming agents, it provides better sealing and also heat preservation properties and higher strength.
The applications of cement foaming agent
- Construction area
Cement foaming agents are widely used inside the construction area and they are mainly used to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the main advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. They may be widely used in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, as well as other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used as building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used as building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road area
Cement foaming agents are also used in the broad area and they are mainly used to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the main advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and can reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used as road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used as road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge area
Cement foaming agents are also used in the bridge area, mainly used to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the main advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which may detect the weight in the bridge and extend the service life in the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used as bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
High Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is really a supplier of concrete additives, which are concrete foaming agent and relative products with over 12 years experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Bank Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. If you are looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])